Experience includes working in the following organisations:
- Ealing Abbey Counselling Service eacs.org.uk, counsellor and group supervisor.
- West London Mental Health NHS Trust wlmht.nhs.uk
- Karuna Institute: staff member. www.karuna-institute.co.uk
I am a registered UKCP Psychotherapist and Supervisor. I have practiced as a psychotherapist for well over 20 years. I am a Trainee Mentor TRE: tension, stress, anxiety and trauma releasing exercises.
Mindfulness, embodied awareness, witnessing and watching how we are, becoming the bedrock of solitude and strength. How does that happen? How can acquiescence, saying yes, strengthen the resolve of who we are? Nature is full of natural habitats always in transformation. How can I become the change I am? I have a deep personal practical commitment to meditation and body awareness.
I am interested in how the body holds and releases anxiety and trauma. (see groups) How we form relationship wherever we are. How to reconnect with hope when working with change. I work with dreams, enjoy poetry, walking and swimming.
Earlier in life
- Bsc(Econ) Hons London University, Social Work, CQSW, Bristol University.
- Development Worker for a National Charity working with Educational Disadvantaged young people and their families.
- Director New Careers Project Cambridge House University Settlement.
- Lecturer in Community and Group Work Southwark College.
- Social Work Team Leader Mental Health.
- Taught psychotherapy at the Karuna Institute
SE London Consortium
Action research on the relevance of ‘work’ to people who have problems with drink drugs and the law.
Swindon Project for A.I.D.s Counselling and Education (S.P.A.C.E)
General Practitioners Experience of H.I.V. and A.I.D.s.